Sunday, September 7, 2014

Part 5&6: Line Illuminator

September 7th 2014
Julianna(Juli) Mello
Line Illuminator part 5 and 6

Line #1: "We brought it forth from the night of the ages." When I first read part 4 I didn't think that the whole idea of electricity would be that important but now reading on it is basically molding the story. After Equality 7-2521 discovered the power of electricity and what it can do he makes it goal to find out what more it can do. While he's going through the tunnel he keeps on repeating "The light... The light... The light". Something I noticed is the more you read the more repetition you spot hidden in the text. 



Line #2: "We opened our eyes, lying on our stomach on the brick floor of a cell." Even though the people are kept from the outside world and don't know about a lot of things they don't call it home they call it their "cell". They don't realize that this cell is where they've been their entire lives. This really does remind me of City of Ember, because they call it home since we don't know anywhere else. But don't we all do that... We all have wonderful homes with all our basic needs but there're are people out there who have much less but still call it home as it's all they know.


1 comment:

  1. Great post, Julianna.
    Line #2: "We opened our eyes, lying on our stomach on the brick floor of a cell."

    I disagree with your interpretation of Line 2 because I think Equality was actually lying down on the floor of a prison cell. He had been caught out of the Home of Street Sweepers when he should have been there. So, he was sent to the Palace of Corrective Detention, where I believe this scene took place.
    Although I disagree, that might have also been the quote I chose because I can vividly picture the scene where Equality opens their eyes and finds themselves lying down of the brick wall of a cell.

    ReplyDelete