Sunday, September 14, 2014

Line Illuminator

Anthem, by Ayn Rand, Parts 7-8

"We did not wish to move. We thought suddenly that we could lie thus as long as we wished, and we laughed aloud at the thought. We could also rise, or run, or leap, or fall down again. "
    
     For me, this quote was very touching because it showed me that Equality 7-2521 has finally found freedom. Now, he can do whatever he wants, think whatever he wants and create new inventions. It gave me a brief idea that Equality 7-2521is going to escape totally from the community and is going to start a new life. I am predicting that he will identify the secrets the Councils are hiding and is going to reveal them. I think that Equality thinks that he is no longer in the community because he now thinks that he can do what he wants. He now also knows how he looks like so this shows me that he is now knowing everything step by step. 

Image

"It took fifty years to secure the approval of all the Councils for the Candle, and to decide upon the number needed, and to re-fit the Plans so as to make candles instead of torches. This touched upon thousands and thousands of men working in scores of States.

     To me, I found this quote very interesting because it was very shocking to me. I realised that the Councils took very long to make one decision. To me, I believe that it took the Councils a very long time to secure the approval of all the Councils for the Candle because of the danger which might be brought to the community. They must think, consider and calculate the situation which might be brought by every single movement. 

Image

No comments:

Post a Comment